Monday, June 6, 2011

What Are Words: Chris Medina

It was a quarter after one. (Quoting Need You Now by Lady Antebellum =P) and I was not asleep yet. You see how insomnia could accompany me during holiday. Except that my situation wouldn't last for a month like how it would to a normal insomnia victim.

For some reason, my mind wouldn’t go to sleep when I decided it was time to. I was lying on the sponge mattress placed on the tiled white floor. The normally sluggish computer was playing the theme song of 2010 FIFA World Cup, Waving Flag by K'naan softly. Covered in my blanket, or shall I say, my brother's blanket, I decided to get up and do something else instead. Um, like, going online.

So, I was on Facebook chatting with a friend of mine. He introduced a song to me and insisted that I should blog about it after trying it. I wasn't in my pyjamas, well, I didn't have any. I was in a checkered buttoned red shirt and a pair of shorts, sitting on a ruddy stackable chair with my head 40cm from the 16-inches monitor (too much too much precision lol). I wasn't really reluctant but was just a little curious. Since it was only the beginning of the month, my internet usage hadn't reached the limit of 3GB as set by Maxis Broadband. It sucked, really. I then clicked on the link he gave me. Ah yes, it began loading as fast as it could, but I still had to wait for a minute or two.

The SonicGear speakers started playing the first few bars of the song, What Are Words by Chris Medina. It was piano. It was a little sad but sweet, and beautiful enough to get me carry on listening. The magic the piano could do. The rest of the song surely did hold me spellbound. His strong voice was awesome, powerful without being jarring and clear enough for me to catch most of the lyrics. Meaningful. After knowing his sob story, the reason of this song, I was certain that anyone who had flesh and blood would love this ballad, for it was touching and tear-jerking.

Chris Medina was a guy who touched everyone's heart and possibly made us shed a little tear with his heartbreaking love story. His girlfriend, or you would say, fiancee currently suffers from brain injury due to a car accident just a shy before a wedding day. Inspired in his AI story, this song was written by Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins. He was saved for last on the show. The American Idol staffs were so touched by Chris that they tweeted a message calling him "one in a billion". He was even asked by the judges to meet his fiancee, Julianna immediately. Now, have a peek at the lyrics. P/S: I do not own it.

------

Anywhere you are, I am near
Anywhere you go, I'll be there
Anytime you whisper my name, you'll see
How every single promise I keep
Cuz what kind of guy would I be
If I was to leave when you need me most

What are words
If you really don't mean them
When you say them
What are words
If they're only for good times
Then they don't
When it's love
Yeah, you say them out loud
Those words, They never go away
They live on, even when we're gone

And I know an angel was sent just for me
And I know I'm meant to be where I am
And I'm gonna be
Standing right beside her tonight
And I'm gonna be by your side
I would never leave when she needs me most

What are words
If you really don't mean them
When you say them
What are words
If they're only for good times
Then they don't
When it's love
Yeah, you say them out loud
Those words, They never go away
They live on, even when we're gone

Anywhere you are, I am near
Anywhere you go, I'll be there
And I'm gonna be here forever more
Every single promise I keep
Cuz what kind of guy would I be
If I was to leave when you need me most

I'm forever keeping my angel close

 ------


See? Love is the most beautiful thing on earth. And may Julianna get well soon, with the love from her fiance. Do try to enjoy this even though it's not your favourite sort of song. It's the meaning of it that makes it so special and appreciable. Here you go, What Are Words by Chris Medina.

No comments:

Post a Comment