Saturday, June 9, 2012

Infatuation with Sam Tsui

So this is it. Two days before the two-week school holiday, I officially launched my first step into SMK Kepong Baru as a sixth former (or a STPM, pre-university program student, if that sounds better) after weeks of painstaking (or not so) experience in SMK Raja Abdullah, mostly because of their below-standard facilities. To think about smelly toilets with a sign that says "Berhati-hati, siling mungkin akan jatuh. (Beware, the ceiling might fall.)" and the frequent absents of teachers. But the people there were amiable enough. No friends means no survival. How can you survive even a day in school having no one to talk to? So I made sure I made at least a few friends if not acquaintances at SMKRA, a school I've left but will surely miss (I mean the people =P).

The very recent days were such pain. I spent the first week of my holiday, wandering in Facebook, scrolling and stalking until my head went all woozy and um, hanging out with friends, kind of like a mini reunion with the new friends I've just made at SMKRA. Then, there came the second week, which I decided to spend with minimum time wastage and maximum productivity. That apparently failed in every way for a procrastinator like me.

For that few days ago, my daily routine was to
1) wake up at 11am (when the time came, my body just ticked then voila, I was awakened by what I didn't know, the natural body alarm I reckon)
2) brush my teeth, wash my face, tie my hair up into a high ponytail to vanish the afro hair look... haha
3) sign in to Facebook, check the updates while having my brunch
4) start with my homework, leaving the Facebook signed in. Yeah I said "leaving", I was actually sitting right in front of the computer, checking with my notification every 5 minutes despite the possibility of getting fatal disease due to constant exposure to the radiation from the computer my mom said.

Then, the sudden realization of how boring these things are, to be repeated every single day.
Then, the sudden realization that I need a friend, to talk to.
Then, the sudden realization that they are so busy with their own hectic college or university life.
Then, the sudden realization that I look like that forever alone meme... Ah, dang.

While I was at SMKRA making friends, wasting time, the teachers in SMKKB didn't seem to take any rest at all. They were way ahead of time, like they wanted to finish teaching the syllabus in the shortest time possible. So I was all cracking my head, up the wall, down the dungeon for that few days, only the few days when I was super hardworking, catching up with the other students in SMKKB, since I was one already.

I finally got someone on Facebook to talk to me! He said, it's just a phase. It's only the beginning and beginnings are always harder. And I believed him. I didn't know why I was (and still am) so obsessed with the idea of having a friend who would answer to me whenever I need them. I really shouldn't expect so much, when I'm not doing the same. I think I, too, look all busy with my own thing. If there is a friend like that, it's more like a friend with benefit.

Where am I already? Oh everything will be fine they said. I hope when school reopens, I'm already free from the grasp of those fright, apprehensions, fear, worries or whatever you call it.

When my butts got bored with the same place, same red chair, that was when I stopped my fight. What happened was the obvious: homework undone.

So today was no different! My butts were still bored. My initial plan of only window-shopping were totally disrupted when a pair of simple black jeans caught my eyes. I was happy I bought it only for RM22! Now that was some good price. ^^V

Sam Tsui is awesome. I admire him. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment