Monday, August 16, 2010

Why Am I Proud To Be A Malaysian?


Here's my speech. I've finally prepared it. But, whether I am going to present it or not, that's another story. Have a peep. (Sorry, some are plagiarized from other sources, hehe...) Drum rolls please...

Our National Day is just around the corner. Have you ever asked yourself why should you be proud of being a Malaysian? Well, needless to say, I am here to share with you on reasons why I am proud to be a Malaysian. So, listen up.

First, we have our national language, Bahasa Malaysia. It is a language – a significant aspect of a nation – that we all learn. It is a language that, we all use to communicate in government offices, in the courts, in mamak shops, in classrooms, in the villages, on television and over radio airwaves. Most importantly, it is a language that ties all Malaysians together and makes us one big family.

Second, the Petronas Twin Towers. Once the tallest building in the world, the Petronas Twin Towers continues to look splendid every night. The skybridge, which is the highest point of the building that a tourist can go to (with a fee, of course) is wonderful to be in and there are indeed plenty of sights to see. Of course, since it has been featured in a movie, it gains extra points too. Also, it is probably one of the few famous buildings that have never been successfully scaled by our modern day spiderman, Alain Robert.

Third, I am proud of our cultural heritage as well. Diversity is beautiful. And if each culture had a distinct colour, Malaysia will be white. Not because it has only one colour, but it has all the colours mixed together that it becomes white. Yet, we can still dissect the ‘white’ and look at its colours. Each and every one of them, in their different shades and hues. We are rich in culture. And it is good.

Next, we have all the peace and stability we need in here, Malaysia. People might have been mugged right outside my house and tried to steal my shoes. Nevertheless, the country has been relatively peaceful. That’s one reason why I love staying here. True, we need to be careful. But we don’t have to tote guns along with us either.

However, the major reason is I am a Malaysian. This is where I was born. God put me here. For one aim: to serve and love this State. The fact that I am here is to love my home too. So I shall.

In short, we have a lot to be proud of. Remember, 1 Malaysia, Generates Transformation; 1 Malaysia, Menjana Transformasi.

No comments:

Post a Comment